Jan

123 posts in this topic

I received a message today from Lori, and you UK fans will be ecstatic, I think.

There IS going to be a London premiere in May, but as of yet I don't know the date.

But wait. It gets better...

ORLANDO WILL BE THERE! :yahoo:

He's looking forward to meeting with the fans there, and hopes that many of you will show up! (Somehow, I don't think that will be a problem.)

I am working on getting the date, so I'll keep you posted. :wink:

Squeeeee!

:yahoo: Thank you so much for this excellent, excellent news, Jan!

Right then, UK ka-Bloomies, let the coordination efforts begin :shiny: . I don't have any exams in May though I have to submit coursework but this will give me extra incentive to finish before the second-week-of-May deadline. This will be once in a lifetime chance and experience for me so I will be doing my best to attend this premiere!

Guest happycowboy44

I wanna go! I wanna go! Anybody wanna head that way for the premiere? Weeeee plane trip! :2thumbs:

Right then, UK ka-Bloomies, let the coordination efforts begin :shiny: . I don't have any exams in May though I have to submit coursework but this will give me extra incentive to finish before the second-week-of-May deadline. This will be once in a lifetime chance and experience for me so I will be doing my best to attend this premiere!

Excellent news and I'll be there too. I guess we'll have to turn up quite early if we want a decent spot. When I went to the PotC one I arrived about 11.30 a.m. I think and still only had a "second row" spot but that was partly because I was feeling rather embarrassed at being there so didn't really fight my way to the front!

Just saw that my mobile phone company has a competition :w00t: (which I just participated in) and the first prize is two tickets to the KOH Premiere in London with travel and over night stay on May 5th. So I think this will be the day?

I can´t link to the competition as you have to be logged in as customer.

Squeeee!

Orlando's coming home! Wonderful news! I happily take back my gloomy post in the other thread.

However, I can't avoid the fact that my exams start on May 13th. I knew I wouldn't be able to go (in the same way that I can't go to KOHn, or the UK York meetup :( ). Had it been just one week earlier, I could've taken the time off, but I just can't spend a whole day in London this close to such important exams.

You all better take a million photos, and if you meet him, say hi and good luck from me. I'm relying on the rest of you UK ka-Bloomies to give our man an almighty welcome home!

LG :cry:

I'm so depressed.

OK, my mind is working like crazy.

Hopefully, if it's on Thursday I'll be able to get there, but, if it's Friday, I could have a problem.

I have to be back in Cornwall, up and getting dressed by 6am for a long day of Spring Festival Celebrations on Saturday. I can't miss it because my son is taking part. London to Penzance about 5/6 hours by train. Maybe I could fly up from Newquay, maybe I could get my husband to drop me there in one of the RN Helicopters! :devil:

Oh Gawd! Cross everything you possess to make that Premiere on Thursday.

Oh why, oh why did I arrange work experience for that week? I'm off college - I could have gone up for the entire day! As it is I'll be rushing over to Leicester Square when I get out at 5.30pm. Oh well, maybe someone will save a place for me?

:cheer: Can't wait! can't wait! Even if I do just stand at the back of a crowd and squeee!

Kathryn.

OMG OMG OMG.. I pray and hope it will be on May 4.. then I'm gonna fly to the UK one day prior to the KOH and attend the whole thing.. YAY and SQUEE!

Anyone feel like a houseguest for a night??

How many of us who are going own DYC's?

Just thinking that a sea of yellow hats could attract someones attention!! :oh:

BTW: I've got one! :damncap:

Some additional info which may be of help. The venue is Leicester. I'm not sure if that's a place, a cinema or a street?? Maybe those in London would know. The date I was given was May 6, but was told that would have to be 'double checked', so its certainly not confirmed. I'll pass on the info to Jan when I get it. thanks.

Thanks Lori, that would be Leicester Square, which is where all the principal London cinemas are. That's where the Fellowship premiere took place, too.

Wow.Lori is now a ka-Bloomie? :wave: Hi, Lori and thank you so much for passing the info to Jan. :hug:

This is great news! :cheer:

Stoopid stoopid stoopid friend's wedding! :rant:

So now not only am I missing the KOHn, but I'm also missing Orlando at the premiere. I could weep. In fact I am. :weep:

This is so depressing.

Jxx

Good gracious - I choked on my tea at the prospect of the KOH premiere being in Leicester (a 30 minute train journey from where I will be on the day of the KOH premiere), before realising that it was Leicester Square (a 3 and a half hour train journey).

Oh fiddlesticks.

LG *Offers Jaks a tissue :blow: and takes one for herself.*

Guest RiversideGirl

I'm actually seriously considering going to the premiere if it is held on the 6th. Which is completely crazy since I live in the Netherlands and I'll be coming home from Berlin on May 5th. :blink:

Are there anymore Dutchies who want to go to London for the premiere?

Love,

Natasja

I REALLY want to go. But I can't :cry: . I just cannot afford it at the moment.

I hope all of you who go have a great time and get some great pictures.

emmy

x

I'm so happy for you uk-ka-bloomies! I have to :lmao: when I think of you all standing there maybe with the :damncap: cheering, clapping and :drool: .

YF

Guest Tattoochris

Well, if we can get off school for the day, me working, Lottie student! We will try and get there. Oh what the heck, we'll go up anyway!!! Squeee from the back!

And wear our DYCs!!!

Chris

:cry: Ooooh the temptation! I can hardly bear it.

I so want to go but I know that I shouldn't - for my health if nothing else.

:balian: > :stretcher: > :dbb:

What on earth possessed me a few months ago ?!! Hubby and I were planning to go to the UK for 5 days. wait for it. from Wednesday May 4th, until Sunday. And then I came up with what I thought would be a better plan (though now, for the life of me, I can't remember the reason why I thought so !) of staying in Belgium and booking a cottage in the Ardennes for that very same week.

Which is what we did.

Which is why I'm currently cursing myself.

Which is why I actually feel like screaming at the top of my lungs !!!

I can't :censor: believe myself !! :rant::rant: I could have been there. I could actually have been there !! But we can't go changing things anymore now. the rent has been paid and everything has been settled with the owners of the cottage :( .

To be honest, I feel like crying :cry: .