motorious

KOH Premiere(s)!

I'm a proud New York ka-Bloomie - but that still makes me 3 hours away from NYC itself. I've never driven there by myself and would never even consider it. I'm not that confident in my abilities.

Judging by the NY thread I started, there are some of us in NYC, so hopefully more than one ka-Bloomie will make it.

As for me, I'll be focusing all my energy and excitement on going to Chicago the next day.

Although he'll certainly be in my thoughts more than usual on Wednesday - so close, yet so far away... :wub:

Christa

They're showing it on the 4th here in Trinidad!! I'm sooo exicted, that's only a couple of days after my birthday. That's it- I'm having a KOH Birthday party/get together/thing!

Yesterday I went down to the Ziegfeld Theatre where they were holding the New York City premiere. I got there at about 3:45 pm and was lucky enough to secure a place right in front of the barricades. I was standing next to three girls from Philadelphia who I had met last year at the Troy premiere. Orlando arrived at about 6:30. All of us went into a frenzy!! He was really nice. He stayed on the red carpet for a long time and I believe signed autographs for all who asked. In person, he is even more handsome than his pictures!! and he even smells wonderful. I got his autograph and took a bad picture of him on my camera phone. (My hands were shaking.)

The Fox people were giving out T shirts that said "Mrs. Bloom." I was lucky enough to get one. Later on, the Fox staff started giving out premiere tickets and a nice man named Patrick gave me the last ticket he had. So I was lucky enough to get to walk down the red carpet and see the movie (which was just amazing!) Some other people I saw at the prmiere were: Liam Neeson, Eva Green, Brendan Gleason, and Ridley Scott (who gave a short speech before the film.)

After the movie, I saw the three girls from Philadelphia. They had been given tickets to the after party and were about to go. I really hope they post their experiences because I'd really like to hear about it.

When I walked out of the theatre Orlando was there signing autographs. He obviously cares so much about his fans. Suddenly, he started coming my way. I walked up to him and said "Orlando, your movie was great! I really liked it." He thanked me warmly and shook my hand!! The rest of the night is a blur. I don't remember how I got home or even if I slept at all!

(Jan, forgive me if there are typos in this. I forgot to bring my reading glasses to work and I'm typing blindly.)

Suzanne

Suzanne, that's wonderful! :hug:

Wow, an autograph, a Mrs Bloom shirt :lol:, attending the premiere AND you got to speak to Orlando and shake his hand - awesome! Congrats on a great premiere experience!

Suzanne,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience! Congratulations! This has been quite a week for ka-Bloomies.

:hug:

Welshwoman

Wonderful, Suzanne! Lucky girl! Thanks for telling us about it. Orlando never fails to be so giving to his fans, he's so great.

Thank you for the report, Suzanne.

With all the hoopla and exhaustion of the past few days, including appearances on some of America's most intimidating TV shows, I wouldn't have blamed Orlando if he had turned surly and ducked the crowds. But I guess he simply isn't capable of that. :wub:

How nice that some people got tickets to the premiere and others to the after party. Great rewards for waiting so long at the barricades!

You lucky lady! Thanks for sharing!

Wow! Another great CEOK. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your good fortune!