motorious

KOH Premiere(s)!

I've went to mapquest, and it tells me there's:

Mann Village 8 Theatres

180 Promenade Way, Westlake Village, CA 91362

This doesn't match the info on the front page. Where is Westwood? In Hollywood? Near L.A. Someone help me out here, I feel like a complete dunce.

But dunce or no, I'm gonna get to that premire! :blow:

I've went to mapquest, and it tells me there's:

Mann Village 8 Theatres

180 Promenade Way, Westlake Village, CA 91362

This doesn't match the info on the front page. Where is Westwood? In Hollywood? Near L.A. Someone help me out here, I feel like a complete dunce.

But dunce or no, I'm gonna get to that premire! :blow:

Westwood is near LA. It is about 40 minutes from where I live ( right next to Hollywood Boulevard ). And if I am not mistaken, it's where UCLA is located. I try to check out exactly where this theatre is when I have time.

Yes, Westwood borders UCLA. And obviously it's "west" of downtown L.A. and Hollywood. It's just east of the 405.

The listing you have, Silverglass, is for another Mann Theatre, which is off of the 101 near Thousand Oaks, in Westlake Village. Two different locations. :wink:

And they list another premiere for April 29; wonder if there's some juggling to do?

Does anyone know where the premiere in New York is going to be? The information would be very appreciated!

Suzanne

Suzanne, the only info we were given was the date. As I said in my original post, we'll keep everyone informed when more information becomes available.

We've been discussing this in the London Premiere thread, but it appears that the LA Premiere had been cancelled. This information is unofficial, but has been confirmed through a couple of reliable sources, so please make your plans bearing this in mind.

The tentative schedule, unofficially:

May 2- London

May 4- New York

We've been discussing this in the London Premiere thread, but it appears that the LA Premiere had been cancelled. This information is unofficial, but has been confirmed through a couple of reliable sources, so please make your plans bearing this in mind.

The tentative schedule, unofficially: 

May 2- London

May 4- New York

Too bad about the LA premiere. :blow:

However, when you think about the logistics of having to fly from LA to London and then back to New York all in 6 days, with a 6-8 hour time difference, plus what would be somewhere around 24+ hours flight time all told, I"m almost glad Orlando won't have to go through that. I know, I know, LA Ka-Bloomies are ready to do this :tomato: to me for that comment. But, we're still going to have two huge events with truly amazing photos for us to drool and plotz over. :cheer:

ZB :innocent:

ETA Holy Crap!!! 400th post! Can you freakin' BELIEVE that?

LA Premiere cancelled? :( Bummer. Oh well, I will take comfort in knowing that I will be attending Kohnvention and seeing KOH with my fellow Ka-Bloomies. Only 21 days to go until the Kohnvention! :)

Ah, well. At least I won't be sad about missing it while I'm doing my ka-Bloomettes' hair/nails/wardrobe for their Girl Scout Father-Daughter Dance. I'll just enjoy my evening alone some other way. What will I do? Spend the evening here? :whistle:

Jas had asked me about this, as she had received an EM from another site owner who had been told that Sir Ridley mentioned the cancellation during the KOH Press Junket in L.A. last week.

I had been trying to imagine just how much time off from POTC2 filming Orlando was getting, trying to fit all the dates in. And trying to work out the theatre availability dates.

Here's hoping there's an Elizabethtown premiere in October to make up for it. :wink:

You're right, the British-ness of Sir Ridley, Orlando, Liam Neeson, Jeremy Irons, David Thewlis, Brendan Gleeson (well, Irish-ness) and Alexander Siddig (by upbringing) should (with a strong easterly wind) divert the press wagon our way.

Liam Neeson is Irish and Brendan Gleeson is Scottish. Sorry for nit-picking. I just take great pride in the fact that Liam is Irish. He, along with Peirce Brosnan, are the only two Irish actors to hit the A-List. :wub:

You're right, the British-ness of Sir Ridley, Orlando, Liam Neeson, Jeremy Irons, David Thewlis, Brendan Gleeson (well, Irish-ness) and Alexander Siddig (by upbringing) should (with a strong easterly wind) divert the press wagon our way.

Liam Neeson is Irish and Brendan Gleeson is Scottish. Sorry for nit-picking. I just take great pride in the fact that Liam is Irish. He, along with Peirce Brosnan, are the only two Irish actors to hit the A-List. :wub:

The U.K.-heavy nature of this cast and crew suggests the possibility of considerable interest in the film when it comes time for next year's BAFTA nominations, don't you think?

Gleeson is Scottish? I thought Irish, too. How ignorant of me. :tomato:

UPDATE:

FOX has confirmed that the April 29 event in LA is an industry screening, not a premiere. They aren't planning a red carpet or any of the usual premiere glitz for that event. However, the New York and London premieres are still on as previously reported.

Guest Lizzy-Loo
UPDATE:

FOX has confirmed that the April 29 event in LA is an industry screening, not a premiere. They aren't planning a red carpet or any of the usual premiere glitz for that event. However, the New York and London premieres are still on as previously reported.

:quiver::cry::weep:

And I was so looking forward to spending the day reading whilst awaiting the arrival of Mr. Bloom.

Oh well, c'est la vie, n'est pas?

I'm really excited for the London and New York ka-bloomies though! Bought time they got there due chance to attend a premiere! I sometimes forget how lucky I am being in LA where so many events take place. Gets easy to take it for granted.

Have so much fun! :2thumbs:

And take loads of photos! :photo:

Not sure if this is news or not, but I've had it confirmed that Orlando IS attending the New York Premiere as well as London.

Thanks, Lori! The last we heard Orlando wasn't confirmed - but the fact that he's making the rounds of pretty much all of the talk shows that are filmed there, it makes sense.

Sure it's news, Lori! Thanks for keeping us apprised. I'm glad you've become a member here. :flowers:

Thanks for keeping us updated, LoriV. It means a lot. :hug:

:cry: I'm a 4-hour drive away from NY. But I have ka-bloomies coming to town on the 4th and we're all leaving early for BWI on the 5th to fly to Chicago. :blow:

Ah well. There will be other New York Premieres.

Lori sent us the 'final' information about the New York premiere.

It will be:

Wednesday, May 4th at 7pm

Clearview's Ziefeld Theatre, 141 West 54th Street

I hope some ka-Bloomies are able to attend!

:comeon: Come on, New York Ka-Bloomies, it's time to polish off those DYC's and start shopping for yellow clothing.

The look on Orlando's face will be priceless after being confronted by the UK Ka-Bloomies and their yellow attire, then to fly to New York and see the same hats and DYC yellow fashion! :blink:

I feel like I'm a DYC cheerleader! :cheer:

Let the fun commence.

I'm going to be going to the New York City premiere. Hopefully, I can meet up with some of you there.

Thanks for posting the information.

Suzanne

Guest Bog Iris

*sulks* The Acela is on the fritz, so I won't be coming down from Boston to NYC for the premiere. But a note for those of you who are going: the Ziegfeld Theater has the most glorious sound system of any theater in New York. I'm delighted that you're going to hear that beautiful score under the best conditions imaginable.

So . should I be looking for a sea of yellow caps on Wednesday?? If I do, I'll say 'hi'! Looking forward to the premiere!

I'm not sure how dense our Kabloomie population is in the NY area, Lori. Trouble is, most of them are going to be boarding an airplane headed to Chicago. :lol: You must be getting excited! We'll expect a full report! :wink: