motorious

60 posts in this topic

I think this goes here: From Seeing Stars.com:

20th Century Fox's

"Kingdom of Heaven"

(Starring: Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson, Brendan Gleeson,

Jeremy Irons, Eva Green, et al.)

Monday, May 2, 2005 - time TBA

(arrivals are likely to start between 5 PM and 6:30 PM)

at Mann's Village Theatre

961 Broxton Ave, in Westwood

Who's with me?!!

Mo :blink:

ETA: The LA Premiere has apparently been cancelled. This is subject to official confirmation, so please make your plans accordingly.

Edited by HopelessRomantic

Unlikely for me, but there is a remote possibility. It's just really hard for me to do stuff on a weeknight since I have my ka-Bloomettes to take care of. I'll let you know!

Monday, May 2, 2005 - time TBA

(arrivals are likely to start between 5 PM and 6:30 PM)

at Mann's Village Theatre

961 Broxton Ave, in Westwood

Who's with me?!!

Mo :blink:

Me! This is fantastic. :yahoo:

Thats it! I'm officially looking for extra work to make airfare! :yahoo:

If I can scrape up the fare, weasle two more days off work, and hypnotize hubby into staying home with kids..

I'm there!

Hey, I believe in miracles!

I would LOVE to, but things are uncertain for me. I remember going to the ROTK premiere there. It's really exciting!

It will all depend on if I have a job or not. If not, I'd probably be able to, both financially and in availability. I'll have to let you know closer to May.

Candi

Guest scotsirishgirl

Thanks for the information, Mo! Needless to say, "I'll be working on this".

Namaste,

Merri

Seeing Stars has changed the date listed for the L.A. premiere to Thursday, April 28, 2005.

The time is still TBA, with arrivals still expected to start between 5pm and 6:30pm at the Mann's Village Theatre in Westwood.

Take note, Mo (btw: love your new name) and Merri!

Edited by CaliMom

And me too, Faye. :) It only takes around 40 minutes ( depending on the traffic ) to get there from where I live. Yahoo! This is fantastic. :yahoo:

We have an official confirmation from a Fox contact that there will be two U.S. premieres for Kingdom of Heaven:

Los Angeles - April 29

New York - May 4

The guest list cannot be confirmed at this time, as they are busy working on the premiere and release of Fever Pitch, which opens April 8. Then they'll kick into high gear for KOH.

As soon as we get confirmation of Orlando's schedule - we'll let you know!

:yahoo:

There's also been talk in Spain that Orlando is in negotiations to come to a one-horse town near Loarre castle, where they were filming, to open KOH.

We'll wait and see.

:pigfly:

*Hopes against sinking feeling that they'll schedule a British premiere :( .*

LG

Amen to that, Kat, but I have a horrible suspiscion that it may not happen.

Mind you, even if a British premiere was scheduled, two other heartbreaking possibilities present themselves: i) It is in April/May and because of coursework and exams, we don't get to go, and ii) There is a British premiere and Orlando does not/cannot attend for whatever reason :cry: .

(Though the second one seems relatively less likely than the first because it's his first lead role so methinks Orlando would be more likely than not to attend.)

(Also, even if we didn't get to go, if there was a premiere in London in April/May, fellow UK ka-Bloomies could make it and report back :w00t: !)

(And is it a bit :paperbag: -esque of me to be thinking so in detail about an unscheduled and possibly unlikey British premiere?)

Sorry about the double negative - but I find it highly unlikely that there won't be a British premiere. After all, Sir Ridley is, well, British, as is most of the cast.

As I said before, Fox isn't really focused on KOH yet, but give it another week or so. Hopefully we'll get some more information then.

Guest Lizzy-Loo

Thank you for the constant updates Jan! :notworthy:

I for one will be attending the premiere no matter which day it happens.

There's nothing like seeing Mr. bloom in the flesh. :smoke:

I'm also even more excited because this was the same theatre the ROTK premiere was held at, and I was very lucky that night. Has some amazing experiences. :wub:

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a little "tidbit" about the best place to set up camp, let me know!

I can't wait to :cheer: for Mr. Bloom.

Sorry about the double negative - but I find it highly unlikely that there won't be a British premiere. After all, Sir Ridley is, well, British, as is most of the cast.

As I said before, Fox isn't really focused on KOH yet, but give it another week or so. Hopefully we'll get some more information then.

[channeling Gandalf] And hope is kindled [channeling Gandalf] :shiny: !

That's a Friday!!! :yahoo: YES! I don't think my collegiate studies would've allowed a weeknight premiere.

Okay, it's time to ask my friends about a road trip. :whistle: .

This is so exciting. I might actually be able to make this! :hellyeah:

Thank you thank you thank you for the info and confirmation. I got to go make some phone calls now. :w00t:

Seeing Stars has changed the date listed for the L.A. premiere to Thursday, April 28, 2005.

The time is still TBA, with arrivals still expected to start between 5pm and 6:30pm at the Mann's Village Theatre in Westwood.

Working on the details to be there! :yahoo:

I double-checked with our Fox contact to be certain - the L.A. Premiere is NOT on Thursday, April 28, no matter what you read :lol: .

It is on Friday, April 29.

Aww :censor: . I checked my dance schedule and found out that the KOH premiere is the weekend of our last competition. :rant:

We never, ever dance on Friday's though.so I'm willing to high tail myself to L.A. then back to the Bay Area. Not sure anyone else is with me on that though. I have a feeling some begging is in order. Whatever it takes. I believe. :crusader:

Hey, I'm barely making the KOHn!! Despite appearances, I'm not a rich woman. :lol:

So I guess this means no Prada evening gown for you in Chicago, then? :lol:

So I guess this means no Prada evening gown for you in Chicago, then? :lol:

Damn! Who told you? :lol:

You're right, the British-ness of Sir Ridley, Orlando, Liam Neeson, Jeremy Irons, David Thewlis, Brendan Gleeson (well, Irish-ness) and Alexander Siddig (by upbringing) should (with a strong easterly wind) divert the press wagon our way.

I just got a bit twitchy because the fact that premieres have been announced on April 29th and May 4th suggested in my brain that there'd be no premieres between those dates. Which is slightly completely irrational. But you guys have been hogging Orlando recently, so I'm allowed to be a bit jealous, right :lol: ?

LG