Dairwendan

8 posts in this topic

As her CV, posted in the Pride & Predjudice thread says, she was in a movie called Rabbit Fever. The CV has the director as Ian Drury, but it is actually Ian Denyer.

This is a small blurb about it from Variety.com

"Rabbit" runs

Frederic Raphael won an Oscar for "Darling" and was nominated for "Far From the Madding Crowd." His sons, Stephen and Paul, are attempting something a little, well, broader with their latest movie -- a mockumentary about the world's bestselling vibrator, the Rabbit, popularized on "Sex in the City."

Scripted and produced by Stephen, execexec produced by Paul (whose credits include "Anita and Me" and "Rogue Trader"), "Rabbit Fever" follows a group of recovering Rabbit addicts. Veterans Stephanie Powers and John Standing appear alongside a young cast of unknowns, with cameos from Richard Branson, Germaine Greer and Tom Conti. Ian Denyer, who previously made docs about David Beckham and the Spice Girls, directs.

Date in print: Mon., Oct. 4, 2004, Weekly

And this is the IMDb page for Rabbit Fever, where she is credited as "Sam Bloom".

Here is a blurb from Aint It Cool.com

* Stephen and Paul Raphael, sons of director Frederic, are making a mockumentary about the world's bestselling vibrator, the Rabbit, popularized on "Sex in the City." Scripted and produced by Stephen, exec produced by Paul, RABBIT FEVER follows a group of recovering Rabbit addicts. Stephanie Powers and John Standing appear alongside a young cast of unknowns, with cameos from Richard Branson, Germaine Greer and Tom Conti. Ian Denyer directs.

This is an excerpt from an interview with Julian Rhind-Tutt who plays Rupert.

You’ve also been working on a mockumentary about women addicted to their vibrators. Sounds hilarious.

It will be. The film’s called Rabbit Fever and it’s about women who end up going to Rabbit Anonymous meetings to cope with their addiction to the infamous Rampant Rabbit vibrator. I play the uptight husband of a woman coping with her habit.

Dairwendan

This sounds hilarious. It seems that Samantha is a daring and fun-loving sort of actress. Can't wait to see this. :lol:

clpm_9 posted an article from The Daily Mail on the OL Board.

The relevant quote from Samantha was this.

"I play a woman addicted to 'rabbit' vibrators," she says. "I am so innocent and naive I had never heard of a 'rabbit' before this film. I felt such a twit."

Awww, that's adorable! Must run in the family!

See Jan, we're not alone! We can't help it we're all just so innocent and naive. :whistle:

CherryBomb . . . a Hobbit . . . I have no clean comments to that. B)

Dairwendan

Link removed by the PEFIC as the article discussed Orlando's private life.

The relevant quote from Samantha was this.

"I play a woman addicted to 'rabbit' vibrators," she says. "I am so innocent and naive I had never heard of a 'rabbit' before this film. I felt such a twit."

That's funny! You're right, Dair, it must run in the family. Looks like the movie's gonna be hilarious!

Lisa A. :damncap: